Saturday, June 5, 2010

Simple thought for a Saturday - #2

Day 13
OT Reading: Genesis 31-32
NT Reading: Matthew 10:24-42


Go back and briefly read
Matthew 10:37-39 one more time.

Quite simply Jesus is saying that to follow Him, He needs to be first. Which is easy to agree with...and not so easy to live out. Going to church is pretty easy. Giving money or serving is pretty easy. A little behavior modification can be pretty easy. But truly putting Jesus first? Well...if I do that...then that means:

* I love Jesus more than my wife.
* I love Jesus more than my son.
* I love Jesus more than myself (*ouch*).
* I love Jesus more than my own dreams, goals and desires.
* I love Jesus more than the way I want to do things.
* I love Jesus more than my job.
* I love Jesus more than my free time.
* I love Jesus more than my need to be right.
* I love Jesus more than my pet sins.
* I love Jesus more than my "stuff".
* I love Jesus more than ... (add anything else to the list you like)

One of the hardest elements of being a follower of Christ may be that he's not content with me following him 99% of the way. And with that in mind let me ask two questions:

1. Are you really following Jesus 100% of the way?

2. What are you loving more than Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.