Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little bit crazy

Day 51
OT Reading: Numbers 3-4
NT Reading: Mark 3:22-35

Jesus family thought he was nuts. Here he was going around, teaching, healing, upsetting all the local religious leaders. So they went to Jesus to try to bring him home...or get him helpor set him straight...or something. But what Jesus was doing was so radical, so outlandish...that even his family thought he was out of his mind.

What's challenging to me is how rarely someone (not just family, but anyone) has looked at me and said, "well that's weird." How distinctive of a life am I really living of no one thinks I'm just a little bit backwards? The life Jesus called me to live is to be distinctly different from those around me. Sure, that may not mean dressing up like a Jedi Knight so everyone in a crowd notices me. But that does mean that those around me, especially those who are not following Jesus, should be saying, "You know...there is just something a little odd about that guy." They should see me...they should see you...as just a little bit crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.