Friday, October 1, 2010

A curious question and a quick lesson

Day 131
OT Reading: 2 Kings 1-3
NT Reading: John 3:22-36

The question I have is, "How did they know?" Seriously...all throughout 2 Kings 2 we keep seeing that not only Elijah, but a variety of different prophets step forward and all seem to know that God was going to take Elijah that very day. So my question is...how did they all know?

Was there some sort of prophetic memo that went out, and was a TPS report required with such a memo? Did Elijah have a vision previously that on "such and such day" he would be taken? How did everyone seem to know what was about to happen?

Well unfortunately every little curiosity of mine is not answered in the Bible. It is just one of those details that is mentioned with no explanation. But of course it begins to raise the question to me...would I want to know? Would I want everyone else to know when God would take me (whether it be through something miraculous like Elijah or by more conventional passing-away)? Hmmm...not sure. Something to ponder though.

Oh, and another quick-lesson from 2 Kings 2. I probably need to be careful how I make fun of our worship minister Daniel. I'd hate for him to call out the bears on me ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.