Monday, October 25, 2010

Greater things

Day 155
OT Reading: 2 Chronicles 13-16
NT Reading: John 14

This is one passage that has always gotten/amazed me. It's in John 14:12 which reads, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." (NIV, emphasis mine)

Seriously? I read about everything that Jesus did, and he is saying that those who would come after him will do things that are even greater? Granted I get that those 'greater things' will be because the power flows from Christ, and not because we're such wonderful, amazing people. But still...what in the world could be done greater than what Jesus himself did while on earth?

I'll openly admit that I don't know the answer to this question. Personally I'm lead to believe that this statement has to do with how some would spread the gospel to more individuals than he did while he walked this earth...but honestly that's just a best guess. But it's pretty cool to think about isn't it? Jesus is telling those of us who are his followers, that if we just have our faith, our trust and our confidence in him...we may be a part of some really amazing things.

I don't fully get that...but I think that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.