Monday, January 31, 2011

One of Satan's Schemes

Day 253
OT Reading: Proverbs 17-18
NT Reading: 2 Corinthians 2

In the New Testament portion of our reading today, the apostle Paul - writing to the Corinthians - makes this curious statement in 2 Corinthians 2:11, "In order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." (NIV)

The reason I find this curious is because of the situation Paul is referencing. Paul, in the verse prior, takes time to say that he has forgiven them...SO THAT Satan will not succeed by outwitting them. When I think of Satan's schemes I think of deceit and putting trying people in my way, and tempting me with lust or envy...but for some reason the concept mentioned here by Paul had just never come to mind. That Satan would work in such a way to try to keep you from forgiving someone else.

Perhaps this is a 'well duh' sort of thought to you. And, to me it is not earth-shattering. However it is a new twist or a different light shed on a common idea.

***By the way, if you'd like to look into this concept of spiritual warfare, at CCJ we just finished an elective by Craig Groeschel from Lifechurch.tv called Supernatural. I recommend you check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.