Monday, January 10, 2011

Quick Hits

Day 232
OT Reading: Psalm 116-118
NT Reading: 1 Corinthians 2

In an effort to try to get my mind back into the habit of writing (in this case, blogging), allow me to offer a few "quick hits" about today's reading:

* Today you read the shortest chapter in the Bible, Psalm 117. In fact, I'm betting if you put your mind to it, you could memorize that entire chapter in no time (and do not give me any, "I'm not someone who can memorize" excuse).

* If you were reading the Bible front to back (as opposed to the OT/NT combination we're doing), Psalm 118 would mark the halfway point of your journey.

* Again, having not researched it at all, I really don't get Psalm 116:10, "I believed; therefore I said, 'I am greatly afflicted.'" I suppose if I took the time to do some research it may make sense. But just at first glance...huh?

* Tomorrow you will begin to read the longest chapter in the entire Bible, Psalm 119.

So there we go. Hopefully this can help get me back into the swing of things :-).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.