Monday, May 17, 2010

Conversation on the way...

One week from today I will begin working through the Bible in a year. And as I've said previously, I'm blogging about the experience in an effort to not only share thoughts, but maintain accountability.

But as I've been preparing for this experience I've been considering some of the points of conversation that we might talk about. So here are a few ideas that I've had:

  1. Things that strike me about the day's reading. Maybe it will be something that God has really been teaching me lately, maybe just something I never noticed before. Things I like, things I don't like (yes...it's ok to admit that), or things that challenge me. Whatever just happens to hit me about the reading.
  2. Questions I have. Some people don't like to admit it (or maybe I just don't like to admit it), but sometimes I read something in Scripture and just think, "What was that all about?" There are times that I can do some research and find the answer. However there are also times when no one really knows the answer. But regardless, I just hope to be authentic with some of the questions that I do have...so maybe whoever might peek at this will see that even professional ministerial-types have questions like everyone else.
  3. Questions I receive. Have a question about something you read? Ask away! I am more than willing to do some poking around and researching about questions others may have. One of the reasons that I love what I do, is being able to help someone else understand the Bible more clearly. So feel free to ask. I may not know the answer, but I can certainly spend some time looking. If you don't want to ask a question publicly, you can always message me on Facebook, or shoot me an email, and we'll see about answering it.
So that's my plan. But if you're going on the journey with me let me ask you, what would you like to talk about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.