Thursday, September 16, 2010

Minor details I've missed before

Day 116
OT Reading: 2 Samuel 15-16
NT Reading: Luke 20-27-47

One seemingly minor detail really stood out to me as I read through the passage in 2 Samuel today. It is from 15:30 which reads, "But David continued up the Mount of Olives, weeping as he went..." The Mount of Olives is a place I have always connected with all the events leading to Jesus' death (we'll read about it again from Luke 22 in about four days). There we recall the fervent prayers, the sleeping disciples, the betrayal of Judas and ultimately the arrest of Jesus.

I have studied the night before Jesus' death over and over, yet admittedly had no idea that David himself also had a time of heartbreak and mourning while in that same place. Perhaps this is meaningful, perhaps not. But regardless it struck me as interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name and please be kind. Inappropriate or rude comments will be removed.